4 Ways the Holidays Can Wreck Your Hormones
The holiday are a fun and exciting time of the year BUT they can really funk with your menstrual cycle and hormones. So if you want to start 2021 off with your best period yet watch out for these sneaking triggers.
1. Heaps of Sugar
- Ding ding ding sugar comes in at #1 here as it spikes blood sugars and can cause inflammation. Both of these things are not helpful for your cycle and can lead to a more painful (and acne prone) cycle.
- As much as the holiday season is a time to enjoy and relax, it tends to stress us whether we are trying to find everyone the perfect gift, traveling or maybe even seeing that family member who wants to argue about everything. Stress messes with our hormones and can throw off your cycle big time.
3. Too much booze
- According to a beverage industry study, alcohol consumption goes up by close to 100% over the holiday season. While drinking moderation has been shown to be fine, over indulging can cause increased anxiety and inflammation.
4. Less Physical Activity
- Physical activity is great for relieving stress and keeping our bodies running smoothly. However, we tend to snuggle up and sit still over the winter season, which isn't always great for keeping our cycles regular and our minds calm.
A few ways to help out your cycle:
Why is it that fun things don't always like us back?! Here are a few things that you can do to enjoy the holidays with out wrecking your cycle.
- Start seed cycling and keep it consistent throughout the next few months. Creating your seed routine will help you crush the start of 2021.
- Pick your favorite holiday desserts and enjoy them. The key isn't saying no to everything, it's prioritizing and enjoying your favorites.
- Add in some journaling or mediation to your day. There is no point in telling you not to stress (has that helped anyone ever?). It's okay to acknowledge this season may bring stress, but carving out some "me" time can help.
- Again it's your life, but for your cycle's sake take this as an opportunity to try out some new mocktail recipes and evaluate your relationship with alcohol.
- It can be tricky to workout when you're busy, but adding in a daily walk is a great way to get some fresh air and keep your body moving!
Agin don't forget your seeds babes. Seed cycling aside from all the PMS relief benefits Funk It Seed Cycling blends are a delicious, fiber-packed snack that can fight inflammation while helping you keep that well-nourished glow.