5 Reasons (other than your hormones) Seed Cycling is Good for You
Now we know seed cycling is helpful for PMS relief but did you know that there are tons of other benefits to eating seeds? Let go through a few of the other reasons adding organic ground seeds to your diet is worth it.
- Fiber + Gut Health - According to the USDA the recommendation adults need 25g of fiber per day BUT many of us don’t get enough. Fiber helps with the following..
- Regular poops.
- A thriving gut.
- Decreased risk of colorectal cancer.
- Feeling more satisfied after you eat.
- Supports stable blood sugar.
- Hair Growth + Strength- Pumpkin Seeds have been shown to increase hair growth and strength. These magic seeds contain an amino acid called cucurbitin and Vitamin C in combination, these nutrients have been linked to hair growth and strength.
- Nutrient Dense - Life is busy and it can be challenging to get a balance of vitamins, minerals and other important nutrients. Luckily seeds are packed with a wide variety of nutrients to help you out.
Adding more seeds to your diet (as long as you tolerate them / don’t have an allergy) is a great way to get more nutrients and fiber to help you feel your best. Still have some questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org our resident dietitian!
- Thompson LU, Chen JM, Li T, Strasser-Weippl K, Goss PE. Dietary flaxseed alters tumor biological markers in postmenopausal breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2005 May 15;11(10):3828-35. doi: 10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-04-2326. PMID: 15897583.
- Flower G, Fritz H, Balneaves LG, Verma S, Skidmore B, Fernandes R, Kennedy D, Cooley K, Wong R, Sagar S, Fergusson D, Seely D. Flax and Breast Cancer: A Systematic Review. Integr Cancer Ther. 2014 May;13(3):181-92. doi: 10.1177/1534735413502076. Epub 2013 Sep 8. PMID: 24013641.
- Mason JK, Thompson LU. Flaxseed and its lignan and oil components: can they play a role in reducing the risk of and improving the treatment of breast cancer? Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2014 Jun;39(6):663-78. doi: 10.1139/apnm-2013-0420. Epub 2013 Dec 23. PMID: 24869971.