Recipe: Healthy Cookies for Happy Hormones
Raw Vegan Cycle Balancing No-Bake Thumbprint Cookies
We are always looking for healthy, functional snacks to have on hand and these Cycle Balancing No-Bake Thumbprint Cookies check all the boxes! They're easy to make, refined sugar free, raw, vegan, gluten-free and when you add your Funk It Seed Cycling Mix, they're full of nutrients to support your hormone health - like magnesium, zinc, omegas and fiber.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
Serving size 2 cookies
3 cups rolled oats
¾ cup dates, pitted
1½ cups almond butter (or any nut butter)
½ cup shredded coconut
1½ cup Funk It Cycle Seeds
1 orange, zested and juiced
½ teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
100% all fruit preserves
- Soak dates in warm water to cover for 10-15 minutes.
- Grind oats in a blender or food processor. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Place dates in the food processor with ⅓ c of soaking liquid and puree.
- Add dates to oats, along with almond butter, coconut, orange zest and juice, and spices. Knead together until a dough is formed.
- Form into balls and press down in middle with thumb. Place a small amount of preserves in the indentation. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before eating.