Tips for resolutions that don't suck?
What a year - I don’t know about you but I am ready for a clean slate. The tricky part is I hate resolutions. In theory, I love them, but in practice, they can feel restrictive, cause anxiety, and hold me back. Over the past few months, I tuned into the times I created change in my life and what it came down to was listening to my feelings (yes I know women are commonly criticized for their emotions, but they are truly a superpower).
This year as you are setting your intentions and preparing for 2021 I challenge you to ask yourself the following questions:
- How do you want to feel? Will this resolution get you closer to that?
- What energy do you want to create? Will this resolution give you that type of energy?
- Are you operating from a place of restriction, or abundance? Does this resolution involve taking away things you like?
- Would you recommend this resolution to your younger sister or best friend?
- How will this resolution impact you five, 10, or 15 years from now?
These 5 questions have guided me closer to my dreams and true purpose and I hope they can do the same for you. So, my question for you is how do you want to feel in 2021? Chase that feeling at all costs and watch your life fall into place.
For more tips on New Years Resolutions that don’t suck check out our feature in InStyle Magazine, “ 10 Unexpected New Year's Resolutions That Will Actually Make Your Life Better”.
HAPPY NYE, you did it!